Community Navigators will promote MTO’s Access to Justice Eviction Prevention Project. Navigators will represent MTO online and/or in their community – informing tenants of their housing rights and available resources and encouraging them to seek relief. Ideal candidates will be comfortable using Social Media (i.e. Twitter, Facebook etc), drafting social media posts, creating outreach materials, conducting email outreach, and other communications related tasks.
MTO agrees to:
- Compensate Navigators by providing individuals with a $700 monthly stipend.
- Compensate Navigators for use of personal phones and internet services.
- Provide all Navigators with training on Chicago Residential Tenant Ordinance and State of Illinois eviction laws, including the Just Housing ordinance.
- Supply Navigators with flyers, handouts and sign-in sheets as needed.
Navigators Agree to:
- Develop a monthly work plan in coordination with project supervisor.
- Participate in Tenants Rights training within first month of agreement.
- Maintain written or computerized records of their outreach work.
- Act professionally and abide by all city, state and federal laws while working as a navigator.
- Will not discriminate, harass or debase anyone based on race, gender, sexual identify, disability, ethnic background, etc.
- Work on average 10 hours per week. Routinely working less than 10 hours per week will result in a smaller stipend.
Navigators are independent contractors. The Community Navigator Contract can be terminated by either party with a 7-day notice.
To apply, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org