MTO kicks-off IT Campaign
With a lot of help from our friends, the Metropolitan Tenants Organization today begins a targeted fundraising campaign to upgrade our computers and computer network. The Pierce Family Foundation has kicked-off the campaign with an incredibly generous gift of $4,320 representing 33% of our total goal of $13,220 for a new server, installation & on-boarding, licensing, and the replacement of our oldest PC’s.
What do servers and pc’s have to do with our Mission?
A lot actually!
- MTO’s computerized Tenants Rights’ Hotline handles nearly 10,000 calls annually from Chicago renters needing answers on what the law says about issues they are having with their landlords.
- MTO’s innovative and award-winning Squared Away Chicago , which provides online support to renters 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week — is a web-based application.
- MTO’s Website Homepage is referenced by over 200,000 people annually.
- MTO’s Healthy Homes Counselors conduct onsite inspections and use computer tablets to upload photo documentation of home-based health hazards directly to our program database.
- And, then there are our everyday needs like bookkeeping, word-processing and email.
Help MTO today by making a targeted contribution to our Technology Project.