METROPOLITAN TENANTS ORGANIZATION (MTO)
MTO is currently accepting applications for the following position:
Community Liaison Intern
- Metropolitan Tenants Organization (MTO) is seeking motivated, social-justice minded individuals to join our Eviction Prevention team as a Community Liaison! The Eviction Prevention Program’s Community Liaison is a stipend internship funded by a six-month grant from the Access to Justice (A2J) program.
- MTO’s Eviction Prevention Program helps tenants who are at risk of eviction, displacement, and homelessness by providing tenants with the tools and resources they need to stay in their homes.
- The Community Liaison will be responsible for promoting EPP in a specific neighborhood area, connecting with tenants who are at risk of eviction, and helping organize turnout for Eviction Defense and Fair Housing trainings. They will work directly with the Eviction Prevention Specialist and the Eviction Prevention Field Organizer.
- The Community Liaison will work approximately 10 hours per week. The hours are flexible. Individuals must have access to the internet, and be able to come to MTO’s office at least once a month.
- Attend Fair Housing/Eviction Prevention Training @ MTO before beginning outreach.
- Outreach and engage community-based social service agencies and community organizations to set up Eviction Defense and Fair Housing Trainings.
- Canvass specific neighborhoods to distribute program information and recruit tenants to attend Trainings.
- Assist with set-up, sign-in, and other tasks as needed at Trainings.
- Refer tenants who are at risk of eviction directly to Eviction Prevention Program.
- Experience in community organizing or social services preferred.
- Must be personable, professional, and comfortable speaking to people in public.
- Personal connections with social service agencies, community organizations or legal service providers in your neighborhood is a plus.
To apply, please email your resume, with the subject line “Community Liaison” to
You can download a PDF of this opportunity by clicking below.